Thank you for your interest in joining Builders Beyond Borders.
Our program year coincides with the academic calendar – the kick-off of our year occurring in September of each year and our end-of-the year celebration occurring in May/June of each year. We recently completed our service trips to Guyana and our getting ready to announces next year’s destination at our end of the year celebration in June.
The 2013-2014 Student Application is now available – click HERE to join. New students to the program must attend an Orientation Session which are held throughout the summer. A schedule of these sessions can be found on our website under the Community Tab.
I’m a student and would like to participate
To join Builders Beyond Borders’ 2013 – 2014 program you must complete the online application. Please review the information below before proceeding. Note: A $100 late fee will be added to all applications received after the July 15, 2013.
In order to complete the application, you must provide information concerning your medical, travel, and contact information, as well as make a $600 deposit. Please be sure you have a parent, credit card, and passport (if you have a valid one) with you before beginning the application.
- Essay: you will be asked to write a brief (100 word) essay
- Dates: please review your calendar to avoid scheduling conflicts with academic or any other commitment. Our tentative trip dates are as follows: February 15 – 22*, March 8 – 15, April 12 – 20.
* Some schools may eliminate or reduce the February 2014 break. Please check your school schedule before choosing a trip date.
- Commitments: students are required to attend all meetings, volunteer for a minimum of 6 hours on local B3 projects, and raise their share of program costs ($2,850, which includes the initial deposit). Failure to meet any of these requirements will jeopardize your ability to participate in the program.
- Confirmation: once you submit your application, you will be directed to a waiver (click here to see it now) which you must print, complete, and return to the B3 office. In addition, a receipt and a copy of your application will be emailed to you.
- New Students: if this is your first year with B3, you must contact the office to schedule a mandatory orientation where parents and students will learn important details about the program.
- Adult Advisors: Please contact Amy Schroeder-Riggio if you are interested in becoming an Adult Advisor. Once you submit your application, you will be directed to a waiver (click here to see it now) which you must print, complete, and return to the B3 office. In addition, a receipt and a copy of your application will be emailed to you.
Questions? Please call us at the office (203-847-5220) about any questions or concerns about the application or program. Thank you!