This form is not compatible with Internet Explorer (IE). Please use an alternate web browser (Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Safari, etc.) or verify that you are using the latest version of IE. Also, this form is not compatible with mobile devices. Please use a desktop or laptop to complete this form.
Thank you for your interest in joining Builders Beyond Borders (B3)!
Please carefully review all of the information in this form before submission. Please capitalize properly. We would appreciate it as it takes our staff a lot of time to edit your information for correct capitalization.
This form asks questions about medical, travel and contact information. At the end of the form, you will need to submit an initial deposit in order to complete the enrollment form. Both the student and his/her parent/guardian need to be present when filling out this form. All information provided is confidential. Some information will be used for official documentation; please check for accuracy and capitalize properly.
Before getting started, please make sure you have your passport (if you have one) and a credit card handy. Do not begin this form unless you are able to complete the entire enrollment form at one time; your progress will not be saved and your information will be lost.
Important notes about this form:
- NEW STUDENTS: All first-year students should contact the B3 office to schedule a mandatory Information Session.
- PASSPORT: All students, (including returning) must provide a copy of a valid passport each year.
- Your passport must be VALID for 6 months after the day you return to the US. For example, if you are traveling with a team in February, your passport must be valid through August 25, 2018. THIS IS AN AIRLINE AND IMMIGRATION REQUIREMENT.
- B3 purchases airline tickets for all participants several months before departure and must submit valid passport numbers upon time of purchase. If you do not have a valid passport, please notify the B3 office of the application date for your passport.
- A copy of your VALID passport’s photo AND signature pages must be uploaded with this form or mailed/hand delivered to the B3 office NO LATER than November 15, 2017.
- ESSAY: Each student must submit a short essay (approx. 100 words) with this form answering the following questions:
- If you are a RETURNING STUDENT: What does B3 mean to you and what part of the B3 experience keeps you coming back?
- If you are NEW TO B3: Why do you want to get involved? What do you hope to learn, and what do you hope to share with others?
- If a parent/guardian is submitting this form on the student’s behalf, the parent/guardian may fill in this section with other information indicating that the student is not able to complete the essay at this time. Student must then email the essay response to the B3 office before the program year begins.
- SCHEDULING: Please review your schools, family and personal calendars for academic or any other commitment to ensure your schedule does not conflict with travel dates. Many schools have adjusted the February and April 2018 breaks. Please check your school schedule before choosing a trip date.
2018 Trip Dates
- COMMUNITY SERVICE: Each student is required to volunteer for a minimum of 6 hours with B3-sponsored local community service projects. All community service hours must be completed by January 1, 2018. If this commitment is not met, the student WILL NOT be allowed to travel with B3 and their team. No refunds will be given.
- PROGRAM COST: The total Student program cost* (includes initial deposit) of the 2017-2018 Builders Beyond Borders Program is dependent on the date of enrollment.
- A deposit is due with this form, without which the Participant will not be placed on a team.
- This figure includes a nonrefundable $100 administrative fee.
- This form will NOT be processed without payment.
- Upon completion of this form, you will be directed to a secure payment page where you must submit the full deposit payment.
- For your protection, we are unable to process debit cards. Please make your payment with a credit card or call the B3 office (203) 847-5220 to arrange payment by check.
- NO REFUNDS WILL BE MADE FOR ANY REASON AFTER OCTOBER 1, 2017.
- Builders Beyond Borders is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit and all contributions are tax deductible. Please print your receipt for tax records.
- *Limited Financial Aid is available – please contact Amy at email@example.com after completion of this form if you would like to apply for financial aid.
Program costs are as follows by date:
- Pre-Registration: Through May 31, 2017: Deposit of $600; total program cost is $3050
- Registration: June 1, 2017 – July 15, 2017: Deposit of $700; total program cost is $3,100
- Final Registration: July 16, 2017 – November 15, 2017: Deposit of $800; total program cost is $3,200
- Late Registration:
- November 16, 2017 – January 1, 2018: Deposit: $2200; total program cost is $3,200
- After January 1, 2018: The full program cost of $3200 is due at time of enrollment.
- CONFIRMATION: Upon completion of the enrollment form, you will be sent a confirmation email including your receipt and a link to the B3 WAIVER. Please print, sign and complete. Return Page 1 of this form to the B3 office as soon as possible. Retain the remaining pages for your records. Students will not be placed on a team nor will they be able to participate in any B3 activity until the signed copy (including valid credit card information) of this form is on file at the B3 office. Please remember to forward copy of your passport (if you did not download it with the enrollment form) to the B3 office as soon as possible. and no later than November 15, 2017.